.ZIL Blockchain Name Lookup and Trademark Info
EnCirca has been selected as the exclusive validation agent for the .ZIL Trademarked Domain Names during their Sunrise Period!
- During Sunrise, .ZIL has reserved some names they have identified as being trademarked.
- If your name comes up as not available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the trademark status and cost.
- Trademark holders with proof of ownership can apply to claim ownership of any trademarked names. EnCirca will send you a link to the trademark validation page if your name is eligible for validation.
- You must validate your trademark before you can apply for a trademarked domain.
- EnCirca will send you a token to purchase domains once your trademarks have been validated
- Some domains may be premium priced. There is a $49 non-refundable Sunrise Application fee.
- Registration fee includes 1 year of EnCirca’s custodial service
Trademark Validation Rules and Info
- Timeline: Trademark Validation is an ongoing process
- Price: $150 for all variations of a single trademark
- Eligible trademarks: All registered and common law marks
- Eligible domains: All variants that are confusingly similar to trademark
- Trademark validation may take up to 2 days
- You will receive a validation token to register once your trademark has been validated
The .ZIL TLD launched parallel Sunrise and a Pioneer programs in January, 2019 and report having received over 60,000 applications. It is built on top of the Zilliqa Blockchain.
The ICANN Trademark Clearinghouse for protecting exact matches of a registered trademark does not apply for the .ZIL Sunrise period. Instead, .ZIL will recognize more expansive rights, including common law trademarks.
In addition, since there are no Rights Protection Mechanisms, such as Whois, UDRP or URS, the .ZIL Sunrise Period will allow verified trademark owners to register variants of their trademark that are confusingly similar to their trademark or prone to trademark abuse.
Proof of Rights for Sunrise
The proof of rights in a trademark may be demonstrated by:
- Registered trademark in any jurisdiction
- Pending or applied-for trademark in any jurisdiction
- Common law trademarks
Domain Names Eligible for Sunrise
The Trademark Owner may apply for any .ZIL domain name that it feels may be confusing or similar to its trademark string. Examples include but are not limited to the following: exact matches, contained in any strings, phonetically equivalent, misspellings and any abbreviations.
- Trademark validation fee: $150
- Be aware that trademark validation does not guarantee that you will receive the domain you’ve applied for
- If more than one registrant applies for a name, an auction may be conducted by the .ZIL Registry
- Sunrise fee: $30 non refundable
- There are premium prices
- There is an annual custodian fee of $49 for all domains regardless of length
- Transfer cost is $49 per domain due to the security process