A Community .SPORT Space
The .sport Internet extension is for the community. This means that everyone who plays by the rules is included, and also means that there are rules to protect legitimate interests, including the concerns of brands, sponsors, and the collective community.
Sept 4 – Nov 6, 2018
- Any company able to demonstrate a current involvement in the .SPORT community
- For trademark owners with a trademark in the TMCH
- Valid SMD from the TMCH Required to Register
- Names will be allocated shortly after the end of the Launch Period.
- Renewal for most domains will be $450 per year
- Some domains are premium.
Priorities 2 – 6
Sept 4 – Nov 6, 2018
- Some domains are premium
- .SPORT community members, including:
- GAISF-recognized Sport Disciplines
- Governing Bodies, Public Authorities
- Clubs, Other Disciplines
- Other Brands, Events, Corporate Partners
General Availability starts January 8, 2019
To register and renew a .SPORT domain name the Registrant must be an individual or a legal entity with a nexus to the .SPORT community at the time of registration and thereafter. Specifically, Registrants in .SPORT must be recognized performers, organizers, promoters or supporters of federated Sport, or belong to categories of Registrants recognized by the .SPORT Policy Advisory Board (PAB). Eligible Registrants include, inter alia:
- Sports Performers and Organizers: This class of registrants is intended to encompass those individuals, businesses, and organizations that produce sport content as publicly visible performers or organize and structure it. Specifically enumerated members of this group include: athletes, clubs, trainers, support staff, events, governing bodies, etc.
- Corporate Partners: This class of registrants is intended to encompass businesses, and organizations who support the production of sport content by providing resources in exchange for sport-related visibility, including sponsors and media.
Validation of said nexus will be carried out on a case by case basis by the Registry Operator. Registrants are required to state the intended use for the registered domain name. A false statement of intended use is an indication of bad faith and may be the basis for the suspension of the domain name.
.SPORT Registration Options
Key groups of .sport domain registrants include:
- Sport organisations or governing bodies
- Clubs and teams
- Cities and public authorities
- Athletes and practitioners
- Sport organisers
- Event sponsors
- Sport brands and corporate partners
- Sports media
- Sports facilities