Each domain has four Whois roles:
- Registrant - this is owner of the domain
- Admin - this is the entity empowered to interact with EnCirca
- Technical - this is the entity providing the domain's nameservers
- Billing. - this is the entity who pays for the domain
- Note: You can only update a Whois contact handle that is owned by your account. Do not try to change the default EnCirca Whois contact called "EnCirca"
- To update a Whois contact owned by your account.
- First list the Whois Contact handles owned by your account by selecting "Contacts-list contacts"
- Select the link for the Whois Contact handle you wish to change
- Make your updates and select "continue"
- Select "confirm" to finalize your changes
- To create a new contact.
- Add a new contact (Contacts-Add Contact)
- Complete the Contact form. You can name the contact anything you want.
- Select "continue" and "confirm to save your new contact handle.
- Now go to "Domains-List Domains". Select the domain you want to use with the new contact handle. Add the new contact handle to the domain and save the changes.
* Whois roles for ProForwarding domains will list EnCirca as the Registrant and the Customer as the Admin, Technical and Billing Whois contacts.