.coop is reserved exclusively for co-operatives and cooperative organizations, and the Registry will verify your registration. The .coop verification process is initiated as soon as the .coop domain is registered. The registrant will receive an email by dotCoop asking them to provide confirmation or evidence that they are eligible for their .coop registration. The .coop name/s registered by this registrant will be inactive until the registrant has been verified as eligible. If the .COOP registry is not able to verify eligibility for any reason, no refund of registration fees will be given regardless of any grace periods.
The benefits of a .coop domain
There’s no better, or more cost-effective, ways to raise your cooperative profile than a .coop domain name.
- For your website, a .coop domain gives you the immediate recognition as Cooperative business.
- An email from a .coop address immediately associates you and your fellow cooperators with all the great values of being a cooperative and says you’re part of the global movement.
- Only verified cooperatives can have a .coop domain and in a world short on trust, that’s a big advantage. 70% of people say they have confidence in a cooperative.
- You can use the official brand that stands for Cooperatives around the world
- $75 Registration and Renewal
- .coop is reserved exclusively for co-operatives and cooperative organizations, and the Registry will verify your registration.