Register .BASE Domains
Your secure home base on the new internet.
The internet is changing. People are starting to realize how fragile the existing internet ecosystem is. Censorship is becoming more prevalent as corporations crack down on free speech in order to protect their own financial interests. The .base TLD is rooted in the Handshake blockchain: a truly permissionless solution that is completely independent of corporations and governments. Use .base to share your content with the world and stake your claim on the new internet.
Handshake is an experimental peer-to-peer root DNS
Handshake is a proof-of-work protocol like Bitcoin, except unlike Bitcoin where you only use the coins as money, Handshake coins (HNS) are also used to register names on the Handshake blockchain. Handshake names are top-level domain names (.com, .net, .org) but unlike traditional domain names that you can only rent, you truly own your Handshake names forever, which no one can take from you nor prevent others from accessing. And rather than being limited to renting from a small number of extensions like .com and .org, you can own and use almost any extension you can think of, including ones with Chinese characters, Russian characters, and even emojis!
These domains do not resolve on regular DNS sites. Use the search engine below to access Handshake names.
For more about Handshake, start here.
- Registration is for 1 year only
- Regular Registration: $14.95
- Transfer: $14.95
- Renewal: $19.98
- Some domains may be premium or reserved
- Please be aware that this is an experimental domain registration process.
- These domains don’t resolve to regular DNS and won’t show up on the regular web. Click here to see how to use NextDNS to access your names.
- This registration is not used to protect brand names.