To provide an exclusive, dedicated and authoritative domain space for the Film Industry that allows consumers across the globe to engage directly with content relating to films, organizations, products and services.
There are two scenarios where an applicant or registrant is eligible to register a .film domain name:
- Option 1: The applicant or registrant must be a member of an approved
association, body or union listed below and closely connected to the
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a close connection with the domain name being registered. By way of example and for the purposes of guidance only, the domain name may be:
- the Applicant's organization or personal name;
- a good or service that the Applicant provides;
- an event that the Applicant organizes;
- or a profession that the Applicant, or its employees, practice.
- Option 2: If the domain name is a film title, the applicant or
registrant must be a member of an approved association, body or union
listed below and hold rights to the exact matching film title.
Where the domain name being applied for is an Exact Match of a film title, then the Applicant must be the rights holder of the applied for film title. Such rights may include:
- Screenplay or a screenwriter's rights;
- Production rights;
- and/or Distribution rights.
More Info on Launch Phases
- October 6, 2015
- $90 per year
- 1-10 year registrations