EnCirca Two-Factor Authentication Service
What is two-factor authentication (2FA)?2FA, sometimes known as Multi-factor authentication (MFA), requires an additional security step to conduct certain operations. At EnCirca, if your account is enabled for 2FA, it will impact the following operations for all domains in your account:
- Updating your customer record
- Changing a domain's Name servers
- Updating Whois contact data
- Updating Name servers info
How does it work?
EnCirca uses a third-party software app called AUTHY to implement its 2FA service. This app may be downloaded and installed on nearly any mobile device, including: Android, Apple, Blackberry, OSX, Windows and Linux.
To set up 2FA:
- Log in to https://www.encirca.com/signin/
- In the Settings box click on 'Update Account Information'
- Enter your mobile number
- At the left bottom of the screen, make sure to click the check box 'Setup for 2FA'
- Then, click "Save" on the lower right.
- You will then receive a text message to install and register the app on your smartphone.
- When making changes to your domain name, you will be asked to enter the code you get from the authy app.
The annual fee is