Note: This Expiration Policy is included in EnCirca's Terms and Conditions.
To ensure customers are aware of pending expirations of their domain names, EnCirca sends email notices to its customers. EnCirca may also attempt (but is not required) to contact customers if email notices are returned as undeliverable due to inaccurate customer
Upon a domain reaching its expiration date without a renewal, the
domain name registration is deemed terminated.
- Transfer to another registrar is not permitted following the
- 0 to 3 days after the expiration date, the nameservers for the
domain will be changed. This will disrupt any website or email
addresses associated with the domain.
- Customers can still renew their domains within 10 days following the expiration date without extra charge. Once the names are renewed, they will be restored to their previous Nameserver settings.
- Ten (10) days after the expiration date, the domain will be
removed from the customer's account and their contact information
removed from the Whois contacts. Customers will receive email
notification of this account move. Customers wishing to renew their domain after this point will need to pay an extra recovery fee.
- EnCirca may elect to delete the domain, auction or transfer
ownership of the domain to a third party at any time following ten (10)
days after the expiration date. If EnCirca elects to delete the
domain name, this may occur at any time between ten (10) and forty (40) days
following the expiration date.
- If a name is deleted, then the customer of record, as of the
expiration date, is permitted to recover the domain name by paying
EnCirca a Restore fee within thirty (30) days following the date of