Free registration for first-timers to .coop.
Cooperatives who do not yet have a .coop domain name are invited
to apply for a free .coop domain name registration.
Select here to apply.
Already have a .coop? One-year registration for additional .coop domains is $73.99. Register here
What is .coop?
.coop creates a global identity for the world's 750,000 cooperatives, helping them enhance their businesses, better serve their 760 million members, connect distant cooperatives to each other, and create new economic opportunities for people throughout the world. Coop will help consumers find the businesses they trust online while also building a stronger global economic presence for cooperatives.
Only cooperatives, cooperative support organizations, and businesses owned by cooperatives are eligible to register a .coop domain name. Though all cooperatives follow seven cooperative principles, the structure and legal definitions of cooperatives vary around the globe. To account for that, DotCOOP will work with country and regional cooperative membership organizations to verify eligibility.
When registering, registrants will be asked to identify two cooperative organizations to which they belong or which may be able to affirm their cooperative status. Some registrants will be verified automatically by the system while others may be asked to submit additional documentation.
To be approved to register and use a .coop domain name, an applicant must qualify under at least one of the following criteria:
- members of the National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA);
- members of the International Cooperative Alliance(ICA);
- organizations formed as and/or considered cooperatives under applicable local law;
- associations comprised of cooperatives;
- organizations that are committed to the seven cooperative principles;
- organizations that are controlled by cooperatives;
- entities whose operations are principally dedicated to serving cooperatives; and
- for no more than 5,000 registrants, persons or entities whose use of a .coop domain name would, in the opinion of the DCLLC Board, advance the interests of the cooperative sector in general or would assist in the development of cooperatives worldwide.
For more information, please read the .coop FAQs.